The vast majority of data in the world is cold - it must be durably and securely retained for long periods of time, but is rarely ever accessed. Conventional storage systems are a poor fit for this domain as they are typically optimized for speed rather than cost. Amazon Glacier has been designed from the ground up to provide secure, durable and scalable cold data storage at a low cost. This unique set of constraints leads us to fascinating scaling and algorithmic problems that have never been tackled at our scale. In order to meet our goals and delight our customers, we have a constant need to drive fundamentally new storage technologies in the industry. Our service is one of the fastest growing AWS services of all time, and our team is also growing rapidly.
We are now working on the next set of major hardware and software enhancements to the service and are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our rapidly growing team.
We are looking for a Senior TPM to lead an area of strategic importance and significant impact to Amazon S3 Glacier Storage. We constantly innovate on behalf of our customers driving up efficiency and lowering cost for our customers.
The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects across multiple teams, and will want to have a lasting impact in the enterprise cloud space. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so that we're all able to maintain high standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
In AWS, if you build it, you own it. Amazon S3 Glacier is a highly available 7x24 worldwide service requiring dedicated support from our engineering teams. We pride ourselves on a high level of ownership in the work we do. This means we hold a high bar for test automation, verification processes, design and code reviews to ensure that our systems meet the exacting standards our customers demand. We maintain a regular on-call rotation across our teams with engineers and managers all taking part to resolve the inevitable issues that arise. We work hard to minimize getting paged in the middle of the night as we recognize that a well-rested employee is a productive employee.
Upon joining Amazon S3 Glacier, every employee is paired with a peer buddy who will help you to quickly come up to speed in understanding the technology we're building, the tools we use and the business problems we're trying to solve. We hire exceptional people and we recognize the importance of coaching others. We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, and job level. On our internal "Broadcast" video streaming website, you'll find countless presentations by some of the brightest minds in computing discussing solutions to many of the exciting problems we're solving in AWS today with new live-streaming videos added every week.
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network (BEN), Amazon Women in Engineering (AWE) and Glamazon (our LGBTQ+ community).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, software life cycle management or Technical Program Management
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical field or relevant work experience
- Experience in managing complex projects or programs at scale
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organization
- 6+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts with a natural curiosity and explore new technologies
- Track record of delivering results, ownership, and strong customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to dive into deep technical design discussions, summarize complex trade-offs and options, and make data-driven recommendations
- Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications