Senior Technical Program Manager, Amazon Product Catalog
- Sunnyvale, CA
Ever wondered what it takes to make the Earth's largest product catalog of billions of items, available all over the world, all the time?
The catalog team is looking for a highly technical program manager who enjoys solving complex business problems that have massive global impact. You will own the key algorithms that dictate what product facts and merchandising information shows up on every Amazon detail page. This is an opportunity to have significant influence on the technical strategy and delivery of Amazon's key initiatives like expansion to new countries, new languages, new physical stores, new product lines and so on. Your breadth of impact will range from how sellers and vendors list their products with Amazon's catalog, to how products make it through Amazon's fulfillment centers and to how our shopping customers find and discover the products they love!
We build and operate platform solutions for exporting and organizing petabytes of Catalog data for business analytics, for training algorithms and several other critical business functions. We derive key insights to improve efficiency of the business and the platform. Familiarity with Map Reduce, Spark, Elastic Search, or other similar Big Data technologies will be a huge bonus.
As a TPM, you are empowered to:
• Interact directly with executive sponsors to define problems and deliver large scale cross-functional projects spanning many teams.
• Own projects from inception to conclusion, formulate the product vision, define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, coordinate delivery of high-quality solutions and drive adoption.
• Work closely with development teams to provide guidance on architecture, design, and priorities.
• Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs balancing the business needs versus constraints.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or math, 5+ years of software development experience, 3+ years of project management experience.
• Excellent program management, problem solving and communication skills; experience in interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong problem solver and a track record of delivering large software projects in a leadership role.
• Experience taking a lead role in architecture, design, and in building complex software systems.
• End-to-end experience developing and deploying machine learning based solutions.
• Background in data modelling, machine learning algorithms, real-time distributed systems or high performance software systems.
• Familiarity with Map Reduce, Spark, Elastic Search, or other similar Big Data technologies.
• Work experience in the e-commerce industry.
Back to top