Senior Technical Program Manager - Amazon Kids
- Redmond, WA
This exciting opportunity in Amazon Kids team involves working on the Echo Dot Kids Edition product and bringing Alex for Kids to new, cool, unreleased devices.
Our aim is to build an Alexa Experience that kids love and parents trust. Amazon Kids brings together all types of content that kids and parents love including books, games, educational apps, and videos. It provides peace of mind for parents with parental controls and a world of fun for kids to choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/freetime.
Do you want to be part of the team that is building this Alexa experience which unlocks new voice driven capabilities across a wide range of devices to handle kids' device settings, parental controls, and exploration and discovery of available and appropriate content? You will be responsible for owning and driving large-scale customer-facing features from inception to delivery and beyond. You will have an opportunity to learn and grow in a highly collaborative team while designing, architecting and building innovative software in the Alexa ecosystem.
Working for Amazon Kids offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation. We have gained critical acclaim and won the prestigious KAPi award for best hardware and service at CES 2019. Come help build the future of Amazon devices and services!
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of Technical Program Manager experience
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
• Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
• High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
• Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the complete software development life cycle, including API design, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment
• Experience building solutions in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• Experience with Machine Learning
Back to top