Senior Technical Program Manager - Amazon Kids
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Kids brings together all types of content that kids and parents love including books, games, educational apps, movies and TV shows. It provides peace of mind for parents with parental controls and a world of fun for kids to choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/kids
Do you want to create and deliver innovate consumer products for millions of customers? We are looking for a proven Senior Technical Program Manager with experience building and shipping innovative applications and services that customers love. Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our Amazon family of devices. We have launched thousands of titles with much more to come!
In this role, you will leverage your hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, and excellent leadership skills to take high level/ambiguous ideas and turn them into tangible products for parents and kids. You will work with other Kids TPMs to create lightweight and agile processes that ensure consistent, high quality projects are delivered on time. You will influence the product roadmaps of our teams and others within Amazon to unify our products and to provide value to our customers. You will think globally when designing and building the software, ensuring the software is evolving in the right long term direction while bringing value to customers iteratively.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current development technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager you will be expected to:
• Serve as a TPM lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects
• Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
• Drive and coordinate with external groups on their dependent work
• Drive project delivery process improvement initiatives across Amazon Kids on FireOS
• Assist with the 3 year plan and OP1/OP2 tech contributions
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Exert technical influence over your team, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years of Technical Program Manager experience
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
• Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
• Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
• High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Experience delivering mobile applications (Android, iOS, Windows) in a large scale environment
• Experience with iterative Agile development methodologies
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong business acumen and technical vision
• Master's degree preferred
Back to top