Are you inspired to work with a team than launches products with direct and massive impact on Amazon's customers? Are you excited to join one of the newest and most exciting AWS services?
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive scale and launching it as a publicly available AWS service. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own cloud-based contact center and be taking calls in minutes. Amazon Connect leverages the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
See our section in Andy Jassy 2020 re:Invent keynote
We have a rapidly growing customer base and an exciting charter in front of us that includes solving highly complex engineering and algorithmic problems. We are looking for passionate and talented Technical Program Manager to join us to innovate on this new service that addresses customer needs to build modern contact centers in the cloud. The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business soon after launch, and help shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation contact center, and get the opportunity to design and deliver scaleable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
We are looking for a highly effective Senior Technical Program Manager that can lead a team to quickly design and deliver systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
The Technical Program Manager for this team needs a sound understanding of the fundamentals of communications and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. If you become the Senior Technical Program Manager, you will work with design, technical, and business leaders to set strategy and define the product. You will drive, track, and report the development effort to leadership and partners. You will define the engagement model and manage internal/external dependencies and relationships. You will be key leader responsible for delivering the distributed systems and analytics that will enable AWS to continue changing the software industry by delivering more capabilities to more customers.
This team is a great fit for you if
• You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal.
• You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
• You'd like to be directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
• You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also enjoy work life balance.
Learn more about Amazon Connect here.
Media coverage on Amazon Connect can be found here, here and here
Power of Amazon Connect
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• 3+ years' of experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements
• 3+ years' of experience with system-level design and architecture of enterprise-scale services
• An understanding of Web Services, AWS, and/or Cloud Computing
• Sound business judgment with the ability to think creatively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies • Strong written communication skills
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives and engineers.
• Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .