Senior Technical Program Manager - Amazon Alexa
Alexa is the cloud-based intelligent agent that powers the Echo, the ground breaking Amazon device designed around your voice.
The Alexa Speech Science team is looking for a customer focused Senior Technical Program Manager with skills that span research science, software engineering, product management and sheer vision. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
In this role you will:
- Work with a focused team of research scientists and engineers to build out new products and features on Alexa
- Drive investments in improving accuracy of spoken language understanding and end-to-end voice experience quality across research and engineering teams
- Drive solutions from data – dive deep into experience data to identify problems and push for solutions
- Find opportunities to apply innovation across different customers, driving technology advances in core science and platforms
- 7+ years of experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
- Product development experience
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- Experience with Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding / Processing or other machine learning technologies
- Ability to write scripts and tools to access usage data and generate reports and analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proven results from establishing and optimizing software engineering processes for different organizations/environments
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Fast learner on new technologies, especially machine learning approaches
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top