Senior Technical Program Manager, Alexa Smart Home
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to enabling the dream of the smart, connected home.
You will be part of a team that is delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
We're seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager for the Smart Device Services team. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts with internal teams and external partners. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr. TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a timely manner.
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
- 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, and Perl
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
- Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top