Senior Technical Program Manager - Alexa Identity
- Seattle, WA
The Alexa Identity team is seeking a Senior TPM to work with internal and external partner engineering teams to bring new personal Alexa experiences to life. This team is tackling a number of highly complex, ambiguous technical, product and business issues. Our vision is to enable a billion people to have a personal relationship with Alexa from any Alexa-supported device. If you enjoy solving complex problems and delivering technical solutions at scale, come talk to us!
In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects across Alexa. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
The right candidate will possess a strong technical and program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Senior TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. High judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• BS in Computer Science or related field.
• 8+ years professional experience in software development designing software solutions .
• 5+ years of experience in technical program management leading programs and using Agile methodologies and delivering systems (e.g. scoping requirements, planning deliverables, writing functional and test specs, communicating complex technical problems, managing scope, deploying new software features and running multiple concurrent programs or projects)
• Experience providing technical system design and architectural guidance throughout the project lifecycle
• Experience translating business strategy and operating plans for new businesses into technology
• Experience communicating to cross-functional stakeholders at all leadership levels
• Experience building software systems
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale enterprise software solutions.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
• Ability to fully engage with and influence technical and non-technical business teams, effectively manage expectations and resolve conflicts that balance customer and company needs.
• Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and get stuff done in highly matrixed organization.
• Ability to handle multiple, challenging priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top