Senior Technical Program Manager - Alexa Connected Services
- Seattle, WA
The Alexa Connected Devices team builds Cloud Services for Alexa Devices to simplify customer interactions and developer integrations with Alexa.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to deliver highly visible core systems that support customer interactions with Alexa devices. These systems are the underlying foundation to upcoming and future innovation.
Some info about this opportunity and our team:
• The changes we make directly impact the customer experience usage of all Alexa connected devices.
• This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Alexa - with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
• This is a great position for someone who likes backend development and Service-Oriented Architecture.
The Senior Technical Program Manager will:
• Collect business and systems requirements from internal and external customers to write specifications
• Lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts with internal teams and external partners
• Scope and deliver large projects end-to-end
• Drive project schedules from design to release
• Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market
• Clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• 3+ years of coding experience in Java or C++
• Experience managing programs in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Experience with Project, Word, Excel and Wiki
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top