Senior Technical Program Manager - Alexa AI
- Cupertino, CA
As a TPM you will be working closely with the Science and the Engineering teams at Alexa AI focusing on execution goals towards key deliverables (NLU inventions and UX advancements). A penchant towards conversational AI, technical chops and a detail driven focus will help one succeed in this role. We are looking for a program execution focused Senior Technical Program Manager to help build, launch, and scale entirely new Alexa capabilities. As a member of the team that directly drives many aspects and science and engineering behind Alexa AI, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of the service.
• Help define the mission, vision, and tenets of the team
• Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative Alexa capabilities.
• Influence roadmap priorities, features, and engineering process working across multiple Alexa teams.
• Create launch plans that have clear, measurable success criteria, and clearly communicate progress and outcomes;
• Lead weekly launch readiness meetings with stakeholder teams.
• Relentlessly simplify and demonstrate significant innovation, creativity, and good judgment when solving challenging problems;
• Drive best practices on the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks;
• Write effective narratives and present them concisely and effectively to Directors and VPs;
• Help teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from of the use of third-party technologies, APIs not protected/hardened, insufficient testing/gaps in QA)
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
• 7+ years of experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software effort
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules for Agile development teams
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs for quality and time-to-market, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Proven track record of delivering products in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed and often ambiguous environment.
• Excellent cross-organizational verbal and written communication skills to provide status and manage expectations.
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline
• Experience in product/program management with advanced and/or emerging technologies
• Experience working directly with machine learning technologies, statistical systems or big data platforms
• Experience with Automatic Speech Recognition, Natural Language Understanding / Processing or other machine learning technologies
• Ability to write scripts and tools to access usage data and generate reports and analysis
• Proven results from establishing and optimizing software engineering processes for different organizations/environments
• Comfortable with ambiguity and be motivated by a fast-paced, highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
• Fast learner of new technologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top