Senior Technical Program Manager - Alexa AI
- Seattle, WA
Here at the Alexa Artificial Intelligence Distributed Machine Learning Product Platform team, you will help Alexa better-understand humans with each passing day.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to head-up development initiatives related to privacy, security and policy enforcement for the spoken language understanding technology that powers the Alexa voice experience. In this role:
• You will build a world-class program processes that drive both core technology improvements and innovation in different dimensions of the voice experience;
• You will dive deep into our architecture and systems and learn about the machine learning technologies and feedback loops that power the Alexa experience and create initiatives for technology innovation and continuous improvement;
• You will work closely with a team of diverse skillsets and backgrounds to improve the modeling experience for our customers.
• You will work closely with usage data, business development, legal and policy organizations to improve our data privacy and policy enforcement controls for customers;
• You will drive improvements in the science and engineering lifecycle to accelerate our ability to deliver ground-breaking innovation across a rapidly increasing number of customers, platforms and experiences;
• You will engage on a regular and frequent basis with Senior Executive teams on product status, risks and strategy.
• Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical ability are essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities and product judgment. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get things done. At the core of the position is delivery. The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years of relevant work experience in internet-related project and/or technical product management in a software applications environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features, as well as analyzing the cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer science, engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent experience
• 8+ years working in software product development, including hands-on experience of large scale releases, web service technologies and object-oriented programming languages
• 8+ years managing release schedules and process innovations for Agile development teams
• 4+ years communicating vision and strategy to executive (C-level) stakeholders while also diving into detail to influence the right outcomes and bring issues to resolution.
• Masters degree in computer science, engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent experience
• Experience working directly with machine learning technologies, statistical systems or big data platforms
• Experience driving programs related to consumer online security, privacy or policy enforcement for research science, data science disciplines
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top