Senior Technical Program Manager
- Irvine, CA
We're building the next generation of monetization services and for app and game developers; we need your help.
Your product? Amazon Coins is a digital currency and reward system for Amazon's Appstore, available in eight countries worldwide. We are the engine of Appstore's growth and customer loyalty on Fire tablets and TV, and especially for Android devices. That means we need to turn all of the data we have into a dynamic, algorithmic system that produces the right offers at the right time, for every customer. We are a tight-knit team of engineers, applied scientists, UX designers, and product managers. The pace of development and delivery is fast and uninterrupted.
Your role? Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr. TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a timely manner.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of Technical Program/Project Management experience
• Experience with one/more of software platforms, platform based apps, web services, APIs and UX
• Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 8+ years of Technical Program/Project Management experience
• Experience with large-scale data engineering and/or machine learning
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Experience managing complex and cross-functional projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
• Adept at making trade-offs to balance business vs technology needs/constraints to resolve bottlenecks and deliver incremental value
Back to top