Senior Technical Program Manager
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
The AWS Dedicated Cloud Solutions team works to deliver the security, speed, and value of the AWS Cloud to government-focused customers, and any other customer that requires a dedicated cloud environment.
As a TPM, you will be the technical leader of projects spanning Infrastructure and Software to address our customers' challenges. You will work across business, product, and development teams to balance cost, schedule, and technical variables to deliver projects that delight our customers. You will manage multiple-projects, spanning a number of technology areas. You will work across all teams within AWS.
In order to meet our customer's high standards we hold each other and ourselves to higher ones. You will work with really smart people, who are fun to be around, and who are pushing you to learn more. You will be responsible for solving big problems, where answers need to be invented, and roads are not yet paved. You will be a team builder, driving self-organizing teams.
To be a successful candidate you need to be motivated by putting your customers first; you don't rest until the customer is happy. You need a strong technical background, are detail driven, and have excellent problem solving skills. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and curious about how things work. You need a solid understanding of project management fundamentals (e.g. business case, risk management, schedule, and negotiation). You are comfortable briefing senior leadership, even when you have bad news; you can communicate effectively with business and technical teams both verbally and in writing.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
This role can sit in Seattle, WA or Northern VA
Have questions, wish to apply or have a referral? Reach out to Kevin Healy directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
• 5+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role
• 5+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Experience managing the lifecycle of a complex cross-functional program with considerable impact
• Experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations
• Experienced in delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated understanding of systems within program space to include limitations, scaling, boundary conditions, and architectural decision making process
• Demonstrated deep knowledge of technical program management and engineering best practices
• Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise projects and writing public technical specifications
• Solid foundation in service-oriented and web-service technologies to be able to understand service inter-dependencies and drive technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top