Senior Technical Program Manager
AWS-Infrastructure has need for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) who can interface with the Infrastructure Design engineering team in order to take ACS efforts from initiation to having drawings ready for Data Center Builds. This TPM would be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the process and framework in which we would conduct these projects as well as managing individual projects on their own. This TPM would interface with team members from Datacenter Global Services (DCGS) team as well as outside teams across Infrastructure as required
This TPM will be responsible for the development of automation of project intake, monitoring, tracking, payment, and reporting for all ACS (Design Engineering) projects, as well as playing a role in the tactical implementation, working to coordinate field-level scope and schedules.
- 7+ years of experience building and managing high performance software teams.
- Strong business and technical vision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Experience in analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
- Experience in on-time and on-budget delivery of large complex software or hardware projects.
- Ability to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers of varying technical abilities
- The ideal candidate is a creative, leader with strong analytical skills.
- This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Candidates should have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
- An advanced degree in one of these fields is strongly preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a customer focus, a diverse work experience, and a business curiosity/strategic viewpoint. The candidate will have an attention to detail, good judgment, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to self-start and self motivate. and a business curiosity/strategic viewpoint with Technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Understanding of customer intelligence practices, profiling/segmentation and predictive modeling is a plus.
The candidate should understand and preferably be fluent in standard software, including Excel, Word, SQL, scripting languages such as Python. Prior software development and program management experience is a plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top