Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a rapidly growing, industry defining business within Amazon.com. We provide developers and their organizations building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more.
The AWS Marketplace team delivers a 3P ecosystem and monetization opportunities for Software and SaaS providers on AWS cloud. We are inventing new ways of building flexible, massively scalable and globally distributed systems for Catalog Management, Metering and Billing for 3P software and services. Our services empower AWS customers to complement AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, RDS and DynamoDB.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Senior Technical Program Manager to support a range of organizational and operational programs that cut across AWS Marketplace, both customer-facing and internal. You will be expected to influence and drive decisions related to complex technical concepts and content, and work with other senior leaders within the organization while insisting on the highest standards. You will define the strategy to support these programs and work with engineering teams to come up with the goals, approach, and best practices to be adopted. You should have strong ownership, an attention to detail, and the ability to drive and report on complex cross-org while managing timelines and program issues and risks. This role is inherently cross-functional and requires passion for creating cross-team partnerships to deliver business impact.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
• Identify requirements across Marketplace teams, develop tools and processes to improve organization efficiency, and work with engineering managers and program owners to incorporate them into project development.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make tradeoffs; encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify inter-dependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
• Gain consensus on technical decisions, and ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results
• Own and drive the Marketplace program plans including success metrics and addressing customer concerns.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or similar technical discipline.
• 5+ years experience with technical project management
• 5+ years experience working in a software development environment
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• A thorough understanding of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment).
• Judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management.
• Be a motivated self-starter who is also a team player with great cross-group collaboration skills. • Excellent oral and communication skills.
• Track record of successfully delivering high quality projects on time in a fast-paced/rapidly changing environment.
• Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters.
• Successfully completed at least one complex customer integration as part of a distributed computing environment.
• Clear understanding of Cloud Computing architecture and the latest trends to stay ahead of the rapid change in the marketplace.
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph a plus!
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.