Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF) Technology team is about enabling Amazon GREF's Operations teams to perform at scale and gain operational efficiencies. With the Covid-19 pandemic and as Amazon's workforce grows, both in size and geography, GREF's operations become increasingly complex. The conventional manual processes are less effective in the new landscape, and we are building solutions to automate manual processes using a variety of OpenSource and AWS technologies.
Are you interested in building a creative and adaptive workspace by integrating technology into a seamless customer experience? Are you excited in creating a secured workspace for our global corporate workers? Are you passionate about building new products? This is the opportunity for you. We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager who can help us create the next generation of real estate systems and support the GREF organization. The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. You are a self-starter and is comfortable with ambiguity, and excel at building highly scalable solutions.
Great candidates for this position possess a sound understanding of computer science and a passion to make a profound impact for our customers. You will have the opportunity to apply this passion by leveraging your technical and program management skills leading large critical projects involving distributed systems, web development, front-end/back-end design, and more. You will work closely with software engineers and product managers across different teams on a daily basis to define system architecture, elaborate user stories, and discuss technical trade-offs. You will negotiate features and release timelines between multiple internal teams to maximize the benefit to our customers. This role is inherently cross-functionalyou will work closely with Engineering, Product, Business, and Executive teams. You will have a well-rounded technical background as well as a history of leading large projects end-to-end. Maturity, high level judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
. High degree of comfort presenting to senior management, business stakeholders, and external partners.
• Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills - ability to clearly communicate high level strategy as well as technical details
• Experience driving technical strategy and architecture decisions especially for large scale projects
• Experience collaborating with Product, and non-technical partners
• Prior experience working on large cross org programs with extensive technical deep dive skills
• Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• Experience in program/product management and software development.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
• Experience solving problems leveraging data driven decision making
• Proven experience developing and leading multi-team programs and initiatives
. Track record for delivering quality products on time
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.