Senior Technical Program Manager
- Denver, CO
This role is open for Seattle and Denver locations.
Are you someone with a big-picture vision and a drive to make that vision a reality? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge technology in a fast-paced team environment to help shape the premium shopping experiences for millions of customers? Are you interested in working on Machine Learning and data science? Amazon has a role or you.
Amazon Devices the team behind the best-selling Amazon Echo, Alexa, Kindle E-reader, Fire Tablet, Fire TV, Cloud Cam and Dash Button product linesis seeking a seasoned Senior Technical Program Manager to join the Amazon Devices Automate and Scale team in developing infrastructure tools for internal customers.
Our team is helping to integrate the perfect combination of Amazon devices and services into every home in the world. We are transforming how customers interact with their devices, their home, and their family by building devices and services that customers love and use on a daily basis. Our team is specifically responsible for designing systems, workflows, and processes that help us plan and execute device launches and sales & marketing initiatives. We also build the tools that support pricing, promotions, and merchandising. Finally, we are the team responsible for putting data at the fingertips of every builder, decision maker, and feature owner within the broader devices organization.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager on the Amazon Devices Automate and Scale team, you will be responsible for working with cross functional teams to deep dive into the business and technical problems that are prohibiting our teams to scale. You will work closely with Product Managers, UX Designers, other Program Managers to identify problems and business opportunities for customers. You will interact with multiple development teams and senior engineers throughout the company to determine best practices for architecting, building, testing, and deploying software solutions/components. You will lead the effective and efficient delivery of large, complex projects by anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, making tradeoffs, and balancing the business needs versus technical constraints. You will maximize resources for the greater good of the organization. You will create, maintain, and disseminate project information to stakeholders all while driving effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets
• Experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
• Familiarity with SW development processes and milestones, including waterfall and agile methodologies
• Master's degree or advanced technical degree
• Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
• Product development (including C++, Java, messaging protocols, and Web Services), and service-oriented architecture experience
• Experience with hardware and software development process and lifecycle
• High degree of comfort presenting to senior management, business stakeholders, and external partners
Back to top