Senior Technical Program Manager
You have hundreds of thousands of hosts, hundreds of millions of lines of code, billions of online transactions, and one of the most visited sites on the Internet. Now go secure it. At Amazon, we obsess over our customers, and ensuring our customers' trust is our first priority. To earn that trust in an environment as vast and varied as Amazon's and an online world where threats grow ever more sophisticated requires building a world-class information security team to tackle never-before-seen challenges at dizzying scales. You will not just be using cutting-edge security technologies here in Amazon; you will be inventing them.
Amazon Security Operations Center is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to drive the next generation of our tools program. As a member of the PMO, you will work closely with leadership and engineering teams to define and develop roadmaps focused on delivering new technical capabilities that drive business value and operational improvements across our teams.
The ideal candidate will have a strong program management background and experience leading large-scale technical projects.
- Plan and manage the entire lifecycle of multiple parallel projects and/or programs
- Understand customer needs, define clear project plans and execute to high expectations in a rapidly changing environment
- Be the glue that is able to prioritize and manage dependencies across teams
- Dive deep to gather requirements from appropriate stakeholders and write clear, detailed level requirements
- Interact and communicate with Project Stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Resolve roadblocks through driving trade-off decisions to move work forward
- Define, measure and utilize project/program KPIs
- Identify and drive continuous process improvements in the PMO
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of program management experience
- Experience with managing complex, cross team technology initiatives
- Experience with agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- Expertise in problem solving and technical innovation capable of "rolling-up sleeves and getting hands dirty"
- Experience with mentoring junior Technical Program Managers
- PMP Certification
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Master
- A strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical tools or services
- Experience driving operational process improvements
- Experience with change management
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top