Senior Technical Program Manager
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Are you a technical product leader who wants to build a strategic area in a fast-growing part of Amazon? Amazon is innovating in ultra-fast fulfillment technologies for fresh groceries, household essentials, and its most popular products from Amazon.com. In this space Amazon aims to delight customers by delivering orders faster than ever before. With programs like Amazon Fresh and Prime Now, Prime members can now skip a trip to the store by shopping on the Amazon app and website for products like grocery staples, paper towels, shampoo, books, toys, batteries and more with orders delivered right to their door as quick as an hour.
We're seeking a talented technical product manager to lead strategic and innovative initiatives in the ultra-fast fulfillment space that powers Amazon Fresh, Prime Now, Whole Foods Market, and several upcoming confidential projects. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end to power and improve Amazon's under-the-roof operations at both internal (warehouses) and customer facing (Whole Foods Market and Amazon Fresh stores) fulfillment and retail locations. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and customers to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects and have a well-rounded technical background. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Technical Program Manager, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate:
• High attention to detail
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience.
• 7+ years of relevant development and design experience.
• A strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Capability to create a strong business and technical vision and drive a team towards that vision.
• Identify, evaluate, track and mitigate issues and risks.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Expertise delivering projects with agile methodologies.
• Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top