Senior Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
The Product Knowledge Team within Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems (ASCS) creates the knowledge graph that powers Amazon's e-commerce platform. Our knowledge graph is the world's largest data set of product information and enables the machine learning models for product search, product classification, policy enforcement, etc. Our high-scale distributed systems process hundreds of millions of updates on billions of products to serve the needs for hundreds of millions of Amazon's customers worldwide, so they can find, discover and buy anything they want 24x7x365.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, innovative Senior Technical Program Manager to lead the large-scale distributed big-data compute and analytics platforms that drive the product knowledge flywheel to improve search results and product discoverability.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program and/or product management in an enterprise software applications environment
• Effectively manage cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks, provide escalations management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business need versus technical constraints and minimize business benefit while building great customer experience
• Strong problem solving skills: Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems and drive process improvements
• Serve as a bridge between business need and technical implementation
• Written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience in technical program and/or product management in product information management, informational science, taxonomy, machine learning, data-mining or classification related fields
• Experience gathering and analyzing large amounts of data and delivering continuous business improvements
• Track record of being detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Experience with distributed computing, big-data computing and enterprise systems
• Prior experience as a software developer
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top