Senior Technical Program Manager
- Vancouver, Canada
The Economic Technology team (ET) applies Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Causal Inference, and Econometric/Economic Methodologies to turn actionable insights about the complex economy of Amazon's retail business into scalable and automated products. We also develop Statistical Models and Algorithms to drive strategic business decisions and improve operations. We are an interdisciplinary team of Product owners, Economists, Engineers, and Scientists incubating and building day one solutions using cutting-edge technology, to solve some of the toughest business problems at Amazon.
In this team, you will:
• Work on a variety of challenging problems that have the potential to significantly impact Amazon's business and competitive position.
• Collaborate with groups of experts and cross-functional colleagues in an agile environment.
• Learn and grow by being exposed to multiple organizational problems in a short time frame.
• Be expected to discover, define, and apply scientific, engineering, and business best practice.
• Work with business leaders, scientists, and economists to translate business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables, including the design, roadmaps, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services.
• Coordinate and drive design and implementation efforts across multiple teams
• Anticipate bottlenecks, evaluate tradeoffs and provide escalation management, balancing the business versus technical constraints
• Partner with scientists, economists, and engineers to help deliver scalable ML and econometric models while building tools to help our customers gain and apply insights.
You will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional infrastructure and services are built and maintained in order to create the agility necessary to develop and incubate new solutions to challenging business problems. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to own large and complex multi-business deliverables.
This role is critical to ensuring the success of projects supporting millions of customers in their shopping missions as well as a significant portion of Amazon's revenue. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, and strong business judgment, to help us execute effectively on the complex roadmaps. You will need to manage cross-functional communication, identify & mitigate risks to efficient delivery, decompose ambiguous problems into workable plans, and to lead execution across multiple teams.
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
• Recent experience communicating and reporting up to Executive level leadership.
• Data-driven decision making skills, including deep knowledge of statistical analysis, Excel, SQL and/or other analytical techniques.
• Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and effectively influence across cross-functional teams
• Excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to guide cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management
• Ability to think strategically while staying on top of tactical execution
• Deep experience authoring documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications
• Experience with customer development and validating products through customer feedback
• Ability to earn trust across different levels and multiple groups of a large organization
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a proven track record of shipping software quickly then iterating on the experience
• Experience communicating with customers, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
• Skills with ML-related fields like reinforcement learning.
• Experience delivering ML solutions in production.
Back to top