Senior Technical Program Manager
- Mexico City, Mexico
We have exciting things going on in the AWS Enterprise Engineering organization, and we're looking for a Technical Program Manager that is ready to join AWS and help us innovate on behalf of our customers.
In AWS Enterprise Engineering, we build the software, services, and infrastructure that enable Amazon services across the world to build and deliver for customers. We represent the intersection of AWS technology and the need for looking-forward engineering solutions at Amazon's scale. We're an AWS-focused, builder-centric organization, focused on using AWS technology to reshape and reinvent foundational infrastructure technologies. We build software and services that are critical to all Amazon businesses and teams globally. We succeed when Amazon builders have the underlying infrastructure services to operate at scale, worldwide.
You will join a growing team of technology leaders building Amazon's Enterprise Directory that is hosted in 26 regions (and counting). While today's platform once fit the needs of Amazon, the continued exponential growth of Amazon and AWS have stretched the capabilities of the current system to unsustainable levels. You will work on replacing this with a green-field cloud architecture built to serve the needs of the future. You will collaborate with multiple teams across Amazon to build services that deliver core fundamental mission critical data in a timely manner, accurately and reliably. You will work with multiple partner teams across AWS to help them leverage the goodness of the new platform to leapfrog past the constraints they face today.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will be responsible for driving and delivering multiple complex projects simultaneously. In this role, you will provide project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate project risks, quantify the impact of making tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints. You will provide technical leadership that gets software applications built and integrated into the AWS ecosystem. You will work closely with stakeholders across various design, software and business teams to identify and drive innovative solutions that achieve business goals and align with long-term product roadmaps.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong PM/TPM background, with demonstrated experience leading cross-organizational technical program management projects, and will have a deep technical background in building platforms leveraged by many.
• Drive the roadmap for the team in alignment with business strategies and priorities.
• Prioritize the intake and manage the backlog of requests.
• Act as the technical interface between the partner teams and software development.
• Run in front of the software development team, helping define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, and provide guidance to the team regarding architecture, design, and priorities
• Translate feature requests into technical specifications and influence design and architectural decisions
• Apply project management and Agile methodology skills to manage scope, plan work, coordinate resource deployment on tasks, analyze risks/develop mitigation strategies and proactively identify and resolve issues.
• Help make the right feature trade-offs to ship software without compromising customer experience or business relevance
• Engage with many teams across the company, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals
• Provide leadership and perspective, and drive stakeholders to decisions in ambiguous situations.
• Apply continuous improvement methodologies to analyze and understand existing processes and workflows
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 5+ years experience with designing and building large-scale software systems in a multi-tiered, distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
• 5+ years experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to testing to production deployment and maintenance.
• 5+ years managing multiple parallel projects and delivering quality releases on schedule
• Experience with identity and permission management, directory services, and LDAP systems.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top