Senior Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
International expansion is a key customer growth driver at Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace. AWS Marketplace is revolutionizing discovery, procurement, and fulfillment of digital software and services. This enables customers to innovate faster, by simplifying and accelerating historically slow processes. We are making it easy to rapidly move customer workloads into AWS and modernize applications.
Our goal is be the best online platform for global Sellers to list their digital products and services, and for global Buyers to discover and procure them. We strive to innovate amazing new ways to help our customers successfully transition to the cloud. We are builders creating large-scale, distributed applications, systems, and services.
We need exceptional Technical Program Managers that are passionate about exceeding customer expectations and managing the lifecycle of multiple cross-functional programs. We are looking for individuals that are energized by rapid innovation, customer challenges, and opportunities to deliver ground-breaking functionality. If that's you, join our team!
What does it take to be a Technical Senior Program Manager at AWS?
As a Technical Senior Program Manager in this office, you will play a key leadership role on our team working across our organization to manage large cross-functional programs with considerable customer impact. You will drive security, compliance, launch, and integration programs and focus on program prioritization, scheduling, simplification, and cross-team coordination to accelerate innovation and speed delivery to customers. You will actively participate in mentorship of others by promoting improved engineering efficiency and teaching best practices.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our PM and Marketplace team members truly enjoy mentoring and on-boarding new members through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, doc reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded PMT and enable them to take on more complex features and services in the future.
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. Most days, our entire team is co-located in our Seattle, Austin and Vancouver offices, but we're flexible when people need to work from home.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience managing large, cross-functional projects.
• Extensive experience defining programs and implementing them across a team focused on delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements manage risks appropriately and effectively.
• Ability to manage multiple projects/programs.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
• Committed work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to roll up sleeves and take ownership of multiple tasks to achieve goals.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top