Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with a infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services thereby gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS provides scalable, reliable, and secure distributed computing infrastructure that has been honed for over a decade.
AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of AWS infrastructure for large, global enterprise customers, so they can focus on their applications and business. By implementing best practices and standardization to maintain infrastructure, AWS Managed Services helps to reduce operational overhead and risk. AWS Managed Services improves agility, reduces cost, and unburdens customers from infrastructure operations so they can direct resources toward differentiating their business.
As an AMS TPM you will be at the center of development, ensuring the AMS development teams follow a unified process, are coordinated in large scale deployments and projects, and are measured in their approach to development. Working with Development, Product, and Customers this role will have cross-AWS visibility by driving alignment for Enterprise-focused efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage and own complex projects having enterprise wide impact.
• Establish the forward looking strategy and gain support for implementation.
• Conduct pre-project requirement gathering, scoping, project approval, planning, oversee delivery and verification of strategic goals.
• Develop gap analysis, functional specifications, project schedules and milestones.
• Work with stakeholders to identify resources, assemble project teams, and delegate responsibilities.
• Assess costs, benefits and risks, plus identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively through effective action and appropriate escalation.
• Balance business needs with technical and security requirements.
• Clearly communicate goals, responsibilities, issues and status to customers and senior managers.
• Lead and streamline the transition of IT Services in to production.
• Ensure changes are effectively released ensuring feedback mechanisms are established.
• Build effective relationships with stakeholder and service owners.
• Publish accurate and concise reports on time to maintain visibility and accountability.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field.
• 6+ Years' Experience of Enterprise Level Program Management [leading or operating]
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project/product management, engineering, or related roles.
• 5+ years' experience in Agile software development organizations
• 5+ years' experience with Enterprise systems (Security, Distributed Systems, Cloud, etc.)
• Master's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• 3+ Years' in cloud transformation (AWS preferred)
• 3+ Years' Experience driving cross functional strategic initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to make courageous recommendations and decisions to drive significant organizational change.
• Demonstrated skills leading and influencing global business partners.
• Working knowledge and proven track record of success with analytical problem solving methodologies and programs.
• Strong project management and influence skills; ability to negotiate and communicate across all levels of the organization.
• Excellent presentation skills, dynamic approach with the ability to translate theory into practical application.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us