Senior Technical Program Manager
- Chennai, India
Our team and technology are responsible for creating hiring solutions for millions of applicants and future Amazonians that will help Amazon stay customer obsessed. We create global solutions that not only scale up in volume, but also handle the complexity of diverse workflows and country specific rules/regulations. Our team is growing rapidly at multiple locations. If you have the drive, tenacity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and most importantly the day 1 spark to take on ambiguous problems head on, in a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
As part of our growth and expansion, we are setting up brand new teams to build end-to-end global hiring solutions on Native AWS from ground up. This solution will handle all phases of hiring process from job creation, search, and application to all the way candidate day 1 experience.
In this strategic, high-visibility role you will own the execution of cross org projects. You will a) work with product managers and engineering team within and outside the org to define the scope, execution planning and program updates b) Gather requirements and distill it into clear working-backwards BRDs, c) using broad context from multiple businesses to set and drive 3-year vision and 1-year operating plans, d) set and manage stakeholder expectations, e) guide a team of software development engineers using clear customer requirements, and f) manage the program including scope, schedule, reviews and education sessions.
To be successful in this role, you need to be analytical and technical enough to know the science and engineering systems to independently make informed decisions in discussions. The successful candidate will drive all parts of the program management and software delivery life-cycle; including scoping, planning, analysis, design, development, documentation, testing, launch, and operations. You must possess strong planning and organizational skills, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be self-driven and take pride in delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
• 5+ years of experience in technical program management, or similar technical leadership role
• 5+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
• Excellent program management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent ability to coordinate and contribute to the design of systems within program space to include limitations, scaling, boundary conditions, and architectural decision making process
• Experienced in delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
• Proven experience in managing large scale projects
• Solid foundation in understanding big data systems, service oriented architecture and service inter-dependencies that drive technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Experience solving challenging engineering problems with multiple constraints
• Experience managing the lifecycle of a complex cross-functional program with considerable impact
• Experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations
• Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects; able to distill data and articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs
• Demonstrated deep knowledge of technical program management and engineering best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top