Come help Amazon create and deploy cutting edge new technologies to help deliver packages to the customer door step! As a Technical Program Manager in the Last Mile Technology team, you will be instrumental in helping us create innovative ways to get packages delivered quickly and cost-effectively to the customer. The Last Mile Technology team supports multiple businesses globally, creating the technology that supports deliveries for businesses such as Prime Now, Amazon Flex, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Logistics, and other current and new initiatives.
We are seeking a seasoned Information Security Technical Project Manager to lead Last Mile Technology wide security and privacy initiatives and programs. In this role you will drive organization wide projects to deliver security and privacy solutions and best practices across service teams, ensure Last Mile meets Amazon-wide security and privacy standards, and manage security and privacy org-wide campaigns.
Last Mile Technology extensively leverages Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure including Dynamo DB, S3, EC2, SQS, ECS and a combination of Python, Java and C++ on Linux. If you are passionate about information security and privacy for large-scale distributed systems in the cloud, we would love to hear from you.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects across multiple teams, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years of Technical Program Management experience with related technologies, including managing significant cross-functional projects in mid-size or large companies.
• 5+ years hands-on experience building software solutions with current web development and service-oriented technologies.
• 2+ years' experience with AWS infrastructure and tooling.
• Excellent understanding of distributed and decentralized data processing systems.
• Excellent understanding of computer networking, network security, internet protocols, TLS/SSL, basic encryption standards, and firewalls.
• Expertise in data privacy, security compliance, and distributed systems' security.
• Experience with both oral and written communication, demonstrating the ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely to multiple levels of stakeholders.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience building customer relationships, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects through work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
• Proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of responsibility.
• Quantitative analytical abilities
• Experience building tools for automation (building, testing, releasing and/or monitoring).
• Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Candidates have strong writing and verbal communication skills.
• Adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• PMP or Project Management Certification.
• MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field or Master's in Business Administration.
• 3+ years of experience in several of: Python, Java, C++, Unix/Linux use and internals
• Strong presentation skills, and the ability to motivate and inspire large groups of people.
• Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security.
• Detail-oriented capable of technical deep-dives, understand networking, operating systems, and storage at an ample level of depth.
• Experience managing projects in a matrix style across multiple sites and time zones.
• Familiarity with key security and privacy industry frameworks and regulations (ISO, NIST, PCI, CCPA, GDPR etc.).
• CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CCISO and/or other security certifications preferred.