Senior Technical Program Manager
- Bangalore, India
We are looking for technically strong engineering leader to own and develop the Core Payment processing product for India customers. Core Payment processing team is working on building a highly resilient fault-tolerant, localized payment processing stack in India.
In this role you will work closely with the software development and product teams to deliver high quality, scalable products deployed around the world. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
The team will work on diverse technology stack from SOA, UI frameworks, big-data and ML algorithms.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 6+ years of Software Development experience; 5+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Software development experience in Linux, Java, RDBMS, building web services and highly scalable applications
• Big-data technologies and ML algorithms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
Back to top