Senior Technical Program Manager
Data Center Global Services (DCGS) is looking for an experienced, high-caliber Senior Technical Program Manager to lead, support, the design and development of world class systems and services to support the engineering, design, construction, and operation of our data centers around the world. This TPM will work with our R&D Engineering team to drive and develop our next game changing projects. You'll be to aligning customers and cooperating with platform partners on the topology and architecture of these systems and services as they evolve and grow.
The right candidate will possess a strong engineering background with product or program management, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large products and projects, and will have a well-rounded background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You constantly strive to expand our understanding of the metrics that drive our business and growth aspirations. Lastly, your communication skills - both verbal and written - are excellent, and you will be able to clearly communicate at all levels in the organization, including senior management.
- 7+ years of experience building and managing high performance software teams.
- Strong business and technical vision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Experience in analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
- Experience in on-time and on-budget delivery of large complex software or hardware projects.
- Ability to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity
- Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to proactively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes cross departmental boundaries
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers of varying technical abilities
- The ideal candidate is a creative, leader with strong analytical skills.
- This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Candidates should have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
- An advanced degree in one of these fields is strongly preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a customer focus, a diverse work experience, and a business curiosity/strategic viewpoint. The candidate will have an attention to detail, good judgment, strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to self-start and self motivate. and a business curiosity/strategic viewpoint with Technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Understanding of customer intelligence practices, profiling/segmentation and predictive modeling is a plus.
The candidate should understand and preferably be fluent in standard software, including Excel, Word, SQL, scripting languages such as Python. Prior software development and program management experience is a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top