Senior Technical Program Manager
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to be part of the AWS Data Transfer team. In this role you will define and drive the strategy and roadmap for data transfer cost allocation and pricing across all AWS services. Data Transfer is at the core of every AWS service that has to move bytes within an AWS region, between regions, and to/from the internet. The definition of cost allocation and pricing policy directly impacts prices we are able to competitively offer to customers and thereby meet many strategic objectives.
Successful candidates will enjoy diving deep into data, have outstanding analytical skills, excellent communication strategies and confident with executive level reviews. You will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with highly technical finance, software and networking development teams. You must have the experience and capability to prepare documentation for senior executives and align your roadmap with Amazon's strategic objectives. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the AWS business.
As a Senior TPM, you will exhibit excellent judgement, anticipate bottlenecks, lead escalations, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. We expect you to have the ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, presentation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Responsibilities include working with product management to define strategy and requirements, identifying and securing commitment from teams across the company for initiatives, driving consensus on the technical approach, setting timelines, and leading cross-functional teams from design through delivery. You'll need to be a strong program manager with technical and business acumen as well as an excellent communicator -- whether working with developers or providing updates to business leadership.
- 4+ years of technical leadership and project management experience in an Internet-related program or applications environment (or equivalent)
- Ability to analyze business requirements, write specifications, scope technical requirements, drive solution design across organizational boundaries, manage multiple software development efforts, establish rigorous testing standards and success metrics
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and lead the resolution of blocking issues
- Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field (or equivalent)
- Experience building solutions in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- Experience analyzing user experience design and developing high profile customer facing products with intricate customer experience workflows
- Familiarity with network engineering and architecture
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top