Senior Technical Program Manager
- New York, NY
Amazon Worldwide Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. The Advertiser Experience (AX) group owns the experience of the advertiser from the moment they decide to engage with our platform through the full lifecycle of self-service advertising management. This includes campaign building and management, advertising analytics and visualizations, and insightful recommendations. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software services, and strive to constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager within the Advertiser Experience team, you'll have a direct impact on your customers by planning and driving program execution to launch new products and features to customers, continually raising the bar and solving challenges.
In this role, you will:
• Work with engineering, product, and leadership teams to plan and execute technical programs, product launches, operational activities, and process improvements.
• Foster healthy, active cross-team relationships. Use stakeholder input to identify clear priorities and requirements.
• Understand cross-team and cross-project dependencies. Be able to see around corners to address issues early.
• Continually raise the bar on deliveries, launches, requirements, operations, process.
• Identify and communicate risks and blockers. Actively work to resolve these and drive successful deliveries. Ensure wide visibility through effective status reporting.
• Derive learning from projects and feature deliveries. Use this information to inform new features and process for core and shared components.
Success for this role is a steady cadence of high-quality features and improvements for advertisers, with strong customer adoption and partner satisfaction.
• System design experience
• 5+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
• Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Excellent communication skills across verbal and written channels.
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience in an advertising business.
• Demonstrated excellence in designing and delivering customer-focused and effective experiences across the full stack of services, APIs, and Web/mobile UI.
• Experience in a software development organization that builds large scale distributed systems.
• Strong bias for action; ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Excellent ability to influence stakeholders and leadership through data-driven communications.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top