AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Are you interested in building the next generation, cloud-based commerce system that's used by millions of customers worldwide? Computing AWS bills, at its core, is a challenging, distributed systems problem that requires calculations performed over trillions of usage records, millions of accounts, and hundreds of thousands of different rates. Furthermore, our applications must meet strict requirements for accuracy and once-and-only-once processing.
This is an opportunity to spearhead a high-impact and strategic project for AWS Commerce Platform. As a Technical Program Manager you will drive projects for the Metering teams that AWS bring its largest customers over to the Cloud. You will own your team's charter, employee growth, and the full lifecycle of your systems. You will work on challenging problems at "Amazon Scale", and collaborate with high-performance technical teammates while having fun in the process.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join us and help shape the future of the Cloud.
• Adopt overall AWS plans for AWS Commerce Platform and define your own team's future direction.
• Manage projects that deliver on commitments to our customers.
• Manage day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
• Manage team's resources: hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical solutions.
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
• Experience building scalable systems/applications from conception through successful delivery to customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience with professional software engineering best practices such as Agile project management, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• 8+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
• Working knowledge of Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, or other Big Data processing platforms
• Master's degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us