Senior Technical Program Manager
Device Ad Products is a business initiative focused on monetizing Amazon owned and operated devices. To do this, we are building a premium advertising platform that is unlike any that exists today. This is a strategic initiative for the company, and we are growing quickly. Our group functions as a start-up within Amazon, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to lead and deliver projects for our Device Demand Team. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who knows how to motivate engineers and who has a great track record for delivering business results.
You will need to think creatively and strategically about the business, and work together with partner engineering teams, sales, and finance specialists to identify and execute on the most promising opportunities. You will be responsible for defining high level architecture, delivering products to market and the strategic roadmap for the systems and components that your team owns. Your success will be measured by your ability to build feature sets that deliver a strong user experience for Kindle customers, attract and retain advertisers, generate positive feedback from those advertisers, and that unlock revenue opportunities. You will also roll up your sleeves as necessary to ensure projects stay on schedule and that end products meet our high quality bar.
Join us today, and become a leader of this highly motivated, cooperative and fun-loving team!
You may already know if you're a fit, but perhaps you're worried about technology and experience requirements? Don't be - we're looking for smart, proven, engineering leaders; if you're the right candidate, we're flexible.
- 7 or more years of industry experience
- · 5+ years technical program management experience
- · Proficient in Java, C++, or C#
- · Strong data structure, algorithm, and network programming knowledge required
- · Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, and code instrumentation
- · Ability to mentor and coach junior engineers on software engineering best practices.
- · Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- · Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity and / or background with the online advertising ecosystem
- · Experience building highly scalable systems in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- · Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
- · Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- · Passionate and knowledgeable about new and emerging mobile and internet-based media and its technology
- · A proven track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top