Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
The Video Platform is building the future of interactive video to serve both Twitch.tv and external AWS developers through our recently launched AWS offering, the Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS). We drive the cutting edge of video technology by investing in next-generation video codecs, reducing latency, and improving QoS. Amazon IVS delivers over 1 trillion minutes of video in 2020 over one of the largest live video distribution networks in the world. We also need to build our video platform to be more efficient, resilient, and responsive to meet the high standards set by AWS.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager for the Video Platform, you will drive both strategy and tactical decision making to deliver complex cross-team programs. You will need to work closely with engineering to deliver on important technical projects such as a dynamic real-time reservation system for video bandwidth or estimating system capacity utilization of millions of viewers.
This position is a rare opportunity within Twitch and AWS to help define the next generation of video platforms. An ideal candidate will bring both deep technical and program management leadership expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, and the strong desire to bring clarity to ambiguity.
• Define the roadmap for our video platform offering
• Work closely with engineering, product management, marketing, legal, etc. to deliver the video platform
• Drive alignment with AWS and Twitch business and technical leadership through both verbal and written communication
• 7+ years of PM / TPM experience.
• A proven track record of shipping quality products on time.
• Strong organization, communication, and collaboration skills.
• Ability to facilitate and align roadmaps, and manage disparate tasks with varying priorities.
• Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict smoothly and without formal authority.
• Solid ability to identify and mitigate risk with senior business leadership
• Understanding of real time video streaming
• Experience providing a cloud-based service to external customers
• Solid ability to identify and mitigate risk with senior business leadership.
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Commuter Benefits
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
• Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
• Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.