Senior Technical Program Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Echo Show, and Echo Look. What will you help us create?
We're seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to deliver ongoing international expansion enabling new markets setting us up to grow exponentially. You work with engineering and business teams across Amazon including retail experience and marketplace business teams, tax, finance, payments and marketing. You will own scoping of local market and advertiser needs and working closely with a product, engineering and marketing team to launch and achieve full feature parity in each new market. In addition, you will work with product management and engineers to solve for enabling advertisers to reach customers in any Amazon consumer market.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be 100% focused on the customer, understanding their needs and requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs. You will also be excellent at driving results, being able to coordinate large, multi-functional projects on-time, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints. You define or review the systems-level technical design of your projects and balance near term business need with long term implications for Amazon. You rationalize technical requirements and business priorities in cross functional teams. You manage cross functional communication to ensure all business and technical stakeholder's needs are aligned
The right candidate will possess proven program management skills, will demonstrate experience leading medium to large products and projects. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the org and up to senior leadership.
- Work with key stakeholders in executive teams, product management, and marketing teams to define strategy and requirements
- Work with remote and multi-site teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change control
- Stand with & defend your convictions as well as accept others' point of views when needed
- Must be able & willing to travel internationally
To learn more about Technical Program Management, click here: http://amzn.to/2ieLRRn
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management in a consumer electronics environment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (EE, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering)
- Knowledge of software development (Device, Application, Cloud)
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
- Master's or advanced technical degree
- Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
- Knowledge of hardware development process and lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills engaging technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams
- Fluency with Atlassian SCM Suite (Confluence/JIRA)
- Experience in productization and shipping of software products (Services or Consumer Electronics)
- Prior experience as a software developer is a plus
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top