Senior Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
We are looking for technically strong engineering leader to own and develop the Unified India Payment Experience stack (IN PayX) which will be tier-1 interface hosting payment selection, payment processing and payment registration experience flows in a federated way for India customers. The stack will power the experience to serve Amazon Pay customers transacting on Amazon Retail, Amazon Now, Prime, External payments and more.
In this role you will work closely with the software development and product teams to deliver high quality, scalable products deployed around the world. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
The team will work on diverse technology stack from SOA, UI frameworks, big-data and ML algorithms.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for building a successful, sustainable and strategic business for Amazon, from the ground up!
As a Sr TPM, you will drive various initiatives for PayX team interface with Product team to define the roadmap and
• Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
• Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community on amazon.in marketplace that helps them succeed in their business goals.
• Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
• Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
• Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 6+ years of Software Development experience; 5+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Software development experience in Linux, Java, RDBMS, building web services and highly scalable applications
• Big-data technologies and ML algorithms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
Back to top