Amazon is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the Amazon Honeycode team. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
As the senior product manager, you will define the product strategy and positioning and work closely with an interdisciplinary team to drive key aspects of product definition, design, execution, test and delivery. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The senior product manager will interface with research, design, engineering, ops/program management throughout the ideation to production phase. This role is responsible for defining use cases, working closely with UX and engineering to draft product requirements, conceptualizing product positioning/strategy, and driving market and customer research. You will work with the team to derive the product requirements and obtain executive approval. The ideal candidate is fluent with Amazon's PR/FAQ process and has experience with launching enterprise-grade products.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
• 8+ years of enterprise-facing product development and product management experience, including defining, launching, and optimizing product and services
• MBA or Master's degree
• Experience launching enterprise products
• Experiencing in defining and executing customer research to support product positioning and strategy
• Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software/hardware development schedules
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience in both mobile, tablet, and PC front-end development platforms (digital)
• Experience working with voice, gesture, and other non-traditional interaction features
• Experience with developing business partnership
• Knowledge of agile product development and lifecycle management process
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Proficient writer and communicator
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.