Senior Technical Product Manager AWS Inferentia
- Cupertino, CA
The Product: AWs Machine Learning chips are at the forefront of AWS innovation. Inferentia is a custom chip, delivers best-in-class ML inference performance at the lowest cost in the cloud to our AWS customers. Trainium will deliver the best-in-class ML training performance, and it's all being enabled by cutting edge software including an ML compiler and native integration into popular ML frameworks. Our products are being used at scale with internal customers like Alexa, Rekognition and external customers like Snap, Anthem, Conde Nast and Autodesk.
The Team: The Amazon Annapurna Labs team is a responsible for building innovation in silicon and software for AWS customers. We are at the forefront of innovation by combining cloud scale with the world's most talented engineers. Our team covers multiple disciplines including silicon engineering, hardware design and verification, software and operations. Because of our teams breadth of talent, we have been able to improve AWS cloud infrastructure in networking and security with products such as AWS Nitro, Enhanced Network Adapter (ENA), and Elastic Fabric Adapter (EFA), in computer with Aws Graviton and F1 EC2 instances, in machine learning with AWS Neuron, Inferentia and Trainium ML accelerators, and in storage with scalable NVMe.
You: We're seeking hands-on Product Managers who have a passion for developer-focused software and hardware products, who have demonstrated they are willing to work hard for their customers. Product development in Annapurna is an opportunity to collaborate with engineering, design, and sales/business development teams to create cutting edge cloud services.
In your role as Inferentia product manager, you will be in charge of the customer voice within our team, tirelessly working closely with multiple internal teams and customers to develop the Neuron ML eco-system. Your mission will be to ensure our customers find new cutting edge offerings pleasing and useful to achieve their aggressive business goals.
As a member of the Annapurna team you'll be responsible for the product management of integrated hardware and software customer-facing solutions and technologies for our data centers. You'll dive on our technology and work closely with our internal teams, engage with leading developers and customers, and help support Annapurna's products scale to large deployments. We are looking for self-driven individuals who can collaborate with others, and that will continuously work to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, hands-on, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought leaders in multiple business and technology areas.
You're a good fit if (a) you can think big, are able to break down the big picture and deliver on goals that will get us there, (b) you have an instinctive understanding of what makes products successful and easy to deploy, and can raise the bar on customer-focused thinking, (c) you can dive into technical details and ask engineers insightful questions about the services that you own, and finally (d) you can think long-term, can balance conflicting interests and priorities, and converge on outcomes that earn trust and customer loyalty.
• 5+ years of high-tech industry experience, with 2+ years in product management, or customer facing roles, and knowledge in full product life cycles, including technical specifications, development, go-to-market, pricing, customer facing presentations and collaboration with engineering and sales teams.
• Solid knowledge in full product life cycles, including technical specifications, development, go-to-market, pricing, customer facing activities and collaboration with engineering and sales teams.
• Solid knowledge in computer architecture fundamentals, operating systems and cloud infrastructure engineering concepts
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile work environment with demonstrated collaboration skills and demonstrated strengths in driving through complexity, ambiguity, and unknowns in early-stage programs
• Proven experience in delivering modern software products, preferably collaborative open-source projects
• Have experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast
• Proven experience developing products in cloud environments, especially around new services involving inter-disciplinary capabilities and knowledgeability to define high-quality roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
• Experience using (hands-on) models, software and tools
• Familiarity with AWS services, and some knowledge in segments and frameworks
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
• Demonstrated skills in managing prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance and operational sup
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age
Back to top