Senior Technical Product Manager, AWS CloudWatch
- Seattle, WA
AWS CloudWatch is blazing new trails as a pioneer in the cloud Infrastructure Monitoring, Application Monitoring, and Log Analytics. We are seeking a leader who will chart the product strategy, define roadmaps, and implement marketing and sales programs to sustain our fast growth. This is an extremely visible position within CloudWatch as well as with other AWS services and business leaders of all levels.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager for CloudWatch you will deliver the following objectives:
• Drive innovation that will delight our customers.
• Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning, definition, building, launching, to tactical activities.
• Own the strategy behind feature development, pricing, and the P&L.
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load.
• Develop and implement the go to market plans that will drive awareness, trial, adoption, and increased usage of Amazon CloudWatch.
• Be an industry thought leader capable of representing AWS at conferences and in discussions with our most important customers.
About CloudWatch Service:
CloudWatch is a monitoring and observability service build for Dev Ops engineers, developers, site reliability engineers, and IT managers to gain end-to-end visibility of their customer experience, application performance, and dynamic infrastructure. We run one of the largest time-series data stores on the planet (monitoring more than 1 quadrillion metric observations, triggering 3.9 trillion events, and ingesting more than 100 petabytes of logs per month) and our teams solve problems of massive telemetric data scale, distributed systems/cloud computing, data visualization, anomaly detection, predictive analytics, and root cause analysis. Many of the largest web services in the world rely on our technology to drive operational excellence.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or math, or related work experience. MBA preferred.
• 5+ years of product management or general management experience.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Entrepreneurial, with a proven track record for taking ownership and delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments.
• Sound business judgment, ability to influence others, and strong analytical skills.
• Technical competence with database fundamentals, distributed systems, networking, and security.
• MBA from a top business school.
• Experience with Cloud Monitoring and Management related market segments (Application Performance Management, Network Performance Management, Infrastructure Monitoring, Log Analytics, Tracing, etc.).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top