Senior Technical Product Manager - Amazon International Technology
- Bethlehem, PA
Our ambition is to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online at the lowest possible prices. How do we get there? What does it take to solve our customers' everyday online shopping problems? Do our customers find what they are looking for? If they find what they are looking for, is it competitively priced? And if they find what they are looking for a competitive price, can it be delivered fast enough? In today's ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, how do we make sure that people across the globe can still get essential goods delivered to their homes as fast as possible? How do we reach people who are not native English speakers when there are over 7000 languages spoken in the world? How do we facilitate a seamless payment experience when there are over 180 currencies used in the world with diverse payment methods? How do we solve problems for people who have different shopping behaviours from our regular amazon.com shoppers?
Our International Technology team is looking for a Senior Product Manager (Technical) to join us tackling these challenges. In this role, you will shape Amazon's approach to global marketplace expansion i.e. help expand Amazon's core online commerce business and spin our global flywheel. You will build a global yet localised experience for our customers worldwide and help Amazon grow to the next 1 billion customers.
You do get 'product'. You understand that a successful product needs to solve meaningful problems for our customers, for our business, and for our technology. You will work with engineers, designers, and our business teams to build a global marketplace product that expedites Amazon's expansion worldwide.
You are a good fit if:
• You can raise the bar on customer-obsessed thinking - at a global scale.
• You can crisply communicate your ideas and vision to all levels of the company - both verbally and in writing.
• You thrive on data - a statement that is not supported by data is just another opinion.
• You are brave, have persistence and grit, never hesitate to challenge the status quo.
• You are curious, can dive into technical detail, and ask engineers insightful questions about the services and systems you influence.
• You are a self-starter who is able to work in an environment of high complexity and ambiguity.
• You think long-term, can balance diverse and conflicting customer needs, and converge on outcomes that earn customer loyalty.
• You break down the big picture into actionable goals and deliver them.
You will be responsible for:
• Articulating product vision and value proposition for Amazon's worldwide marketplace expansion.
• Working backwards from the customers around the globe to build, manage, and deliver a technical marketplace expansion roadmap.
• Working with Amazon businesses around the globe to define solutions for Amazon's worldwide marketplace expansions in the different regions.
• Influencing technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions, working directly with business stakeholders, engineering managers, engineers, and designers.
• Driving product discussions as well as commissioning market research, usability studies, and focus groups.
• Developing product plans with clear measurable success criteria, using mechanisms and metrics for KPIs, funnels, conversion, and awareness.
• Supporting branding and marketing of your product.
Successful applicants will have experience delivering products, leading cross-functional teams, and communicating to a large number of diverse stakeholders.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
• 4+ years experience with building software products
• Proficiency in working with high performing, empowered product teams
• Proficiency in written communication skills: This role requires the creation of a range of documents such Working Backwards docs, Press Release FAQ docs (PRFAQs), Quarterly/Monthly/Weekly Business Review docs (Q/M/WBRs)
• Proficiency in working and communicating with technical and non-technical executive stakeholders across multiple business units
• Proven experience in product management of multiple initiatives with competing priority and disparate resourcing
• Proficiency in defining and managing business requirements and outcomes with your business partners, and working with technical teams to create and integrate relevant projects into your vision
• Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
• 10+ years experience with building online commerce products
• Strong business and technical vision; candidate has shaped a complex technical program before, at the scale of Amazon's business
• Experience in designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance
• Ability to understand the systems and technologies behind your product, their limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and reasons for architectural decisions
• Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Proficiency with agile software development
Back to top