Senior Technical Product Manager
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to enabling the dream of the smart, connected home.
This role will own product management for the core API services that will help make customer voice interactions more powerful by enabling third party Alexa Skill developers to utilize the full breadth of Alexa features and services.
- Lead the development of the developer-focused strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, developer experience, performance, and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- · 7+ years of product management experience; preferably within a product team or similar environment.
- · 7+ years of experience working on Internet-scale web services for consumer-customers, designing and implementing infrastructure and/or application management products and services.
- MBA or Master's degree
- · Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- · Prior working experience in a Software Development Team.
- · Experience working with stakeholders across many functions.
- · Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in households
- · Experience building connected home, home automation, smart home, and/or other consumer IoT products or services.
- · Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- · Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- · Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- · Experience with developer evangelism.
- · High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- · Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- · Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- · History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top