Senior Technical Consultant- Containers
- Vancouver, Canada
Are you a Senior Technologist with Kubernetes experience, looking to impact how businesses achieve operational excellence at scale? As a Senior Technical Consultant, you'll provide strategic guidance to customers across Asia-Pacific, Japan and China (APJC) on the use of AWS Container services. This includes Amazon Elastic Container Service, and Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (to name a few).
About Amazon Web Services
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Millions of customers are currently leveraging AWS cloud products and solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability and reliability.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work along side subject matter experts across the business. You'll play a key role in ensuring customer success as they migrate their workloads to the cloud. As a trusted advisor, you'll ensure their Container solutions are flexible, scalable and resilient on AWS. This includes providing deep technical expertise to help customers overcome complex operational and architecture challenges.
With your in depth Kubernetes experience and knowledge, you'll help customers understand best practices around Container deployment. This includes enabling scalable solutions in a cost-effective manner on AWS. You'll have a large scope of influence working with C-Suite executives across multiple teams. You'll shape strategies to build mind share and broad use of AWS Container solutions with customers ranging from start-ups to established enterprise customers across APJC. This also includes developing content and running enablement sessions with customers such as workshops and immersion days.
In this role you will draw on your technical, leadership and consulting skills to uplift our overall container capabilities in the region.
• Experience in similar role as a Solution Architect, Cloud Architect, Devops Consultant, Devops Engineer, Consultant, Senior Systems Engineer, Technical Lead, Site Reliability Engineer, Platform Engineer etc.
• Experience with Serverless and Container architecture using Kubernetes, design, development and / or running in operations
• Working knowledge of deployment and operations of workloads on AWS using EC2 Spot, Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) (through experience or certification
• Executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps is desired.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected.
Back to top