Each day our customers push the boundaries for what is possible with AWS. Our team built the Open 3D Engine (O3DE), an Apache 2.0-licensed multi-platform 3D engine that enables developers and content creators to build AAA games, cinema-quality 3D worlds, and high-fidelity simulations without any fees or commercial obligations. But that's not all! O3DE is just the beginning and we are on a mission to democratize game development. We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) team obsessed with helping developers create the highest quality games & simulations, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their content to the vast compute and storage of the cloud.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator. The ideal candidate is comfortable troubleshooting, inventing, and documenting workflows for artists creating character and animation assets for game development, simulations, or other 3D related experiences. You will need to troubleshoot and invent within Open 3D Engine, and apply scripting skills to automate workflows in digital content creation applications such as Blender, Maya, or 3DS Max. You will collaborate with artists, project managers, and animation and graphic leads to solve technological challenges. Peers and content creation teams will look to you for direction and input. Your key responsibilities include:
• Working with customer teams to gather product requirements for 3D technical animation and content creation.
• Defining process and conventions for 3D content management to meet written and technical requirements.
• Designing and developing optimal workflows, specialized tools, and pipelines to empower content creators to build characters and animations with fast iteration cycles and reduced production timelines.
• Working with engineers to design, develop, and manage full scale production pipelines for real-time 3D graphics projects.
• Troubleshooting, debugging and memory management of content from end-user tools to optimal scene performance in the 3D engine.
• Evangelizing best practices to guide users on how to take full advantage of the 3D engine.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We have a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Portfolio that demonstrates technical animator experience in some of the following areas: rigging, animation, tools and pipeline building, content management and optimization, or animation setups in a game engine such as state machines, blendspaces, and physics simulations.
• 4+ years of experience in games or real-time 3D applications.
• Experienced user of multiple 3D digital content creation tools such as Maya, 3DS Max, and Substance Tools.
• Experience in content creation pipelines end-to-end.
• Experience collaborating closely with technical teams.
• Experience with tool development in Python and 'Qt for Python'
• Experience with API development
• Able to troubleshoot and fix complex workflow issues in cloud-based production pipeline, artist software, version control systems, and engines
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.