Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech Company based in Seattle. We are seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join our Global Tax Calculation Services team. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes).
The Senior Tax Analyst will act as a Product owner, who must be well versed in technologies and processes. The candidate will share ownership of our teams testing tools, gathering requirements, driving enhancements, and supporting project teams as they manage the ever expanding scope of indirect taxes.
Key to this position are the abilities to understand and articulate the end-to-end sales process, and associated tax requirements; leading projects through an implementation life-cycle. This role will manage projects, timelines and risks, and will consider the collateral impacts of projects across Amazon.
The right individual should have experience partnering with engineering teams, managing data transformation, and indirect tax and/or accounting skills.
The position additionally requires the capacity to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group, while executing on critical process improvement and tax projects.
We are a fast growing team, so we're looking for candidates who are eager and able to learn new content quickly, who are willing to go into unfamiliar territory, and who possess ironclad judgment and integrity around confidential information.
This job has the option to work out of either our Seattle or Virginia locations.
• 5+ years' of experience in tax, finance, or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• B/S in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related field
• 3+ years of experience supporting tax calculation or ERP implementation functions.
• Experience using BI tools such as Alteryx, Quicksight, or Tableau
• Experience leading cross functional projects.
• Working knowledge of indirect tax including sales and VAT.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Experience in maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation software, (e.g. Vertex).
• Proven track record in learning and applying new technologies.
• Experience building and maintaining relationships with business partners.
• Bias for action and ability to prioritize.
• Data analytical skills.
• Proven ability to work and deliver effectively in customer-focused, cross-functional teams.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in a large multinational or a professional services firm.
• Experience working in environments with competitive deadlines and production environments.
• Detail oriented, highly organized, decisive, and self-motivated.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.