Senior Tax Analyst; Indirect Tax Calculation Services
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, our vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our passion for invention leads us to pioneer and globalize new businesses and customer solutions daily. We are seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to be a member of our Global Tax Calculation Services Program.
The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, communication taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes), to Amazon, and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other e-commerce platforms.
This position is focused primarily on tax engine configurations through Amazon's software systems, though there may be opportunities for broader exposure to other tax projects.
Primary job duties include:
• Configuration and ongoing maintenance of Amazon's transaction tax calculation software.
• Researching transaction tax laws to create and maintain the tax rules (e.g. product taxability) within the transaction tax calculation software,
• Actively participating in projects throughout their life-cycle from design through delivery with an emphasis on testing to ensure that projects conform to the business requirements and rules.
• Communicating with sellers, customers, and Customer Service regarding the calculation of transaction taxes.
• Providing subject matter expertise to various business and IT organizations including Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, and various product groups.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that is having a daily impact on company success. If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company, come make history with Amazon's Global Tax Calculation Services Program!
• 5+ years of years of state and local indirect-tax to include VAT/GST experience.
• 3+ years of experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation software (e.g. Vertex).
• BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
• Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department.
• Ability to research indirect tax issues including taxability of products and services.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Bias for action and ability to prioritize.
• Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
• A team oriented, customer-centric attitude.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities.
• Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented.
• The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects.
• Project management experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top