Senior Systems Safety & Reliability Lead
- Beijing, China
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Amazon is a leader in developing first of its kind hardware, such as Kindle, Echo and Dash. Amazon reliability team aims to develop reliable and safe products that delight our customers. In this role, as a Senior systems Reliability & Safety Lead, you will be responsible for the hardware reliability and safety engineering of our new and emerging category devices. As a reliability and safety lead on new category product, you will responsible for end to end reliability and safety of the product(s):
• Define new test specifications, methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability and safety
• Identify and track critical NPI product reliability and safety risks
• Drive resolution for reliability and safety risks utilizing design for reliability (DfR) and design for safety (DfS) checklists
• Provide hands-on experimental design and execution
• Perform reliability and safety probabilistic prediction of failure mechanisms such as Probabilistic Risk Assessments (PRAs) on products under development and products in the field
• Perform safety assessments such as Functional Hazard Assessments (FHAs), System Safety Assessments (PSSAs), System Safety Assessments (SSAs), Fault Tree Analysis (FTAs), Common Mode Analyses (CMAs)
• Incorporate product reliability and safety lessons learned into the reliability and safety knowledge base
• Champion the cause of reliability and safety and develop tools and processes for Reliability and Safety as needed
You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related fields or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in reliability and safety engineering or consumer electronics
• Knowledge of electronics and mechanical design and safety
• Experience with reliability stress testing, ESD testing, environmental stress testing, fatigue testing, vibration and shock testing.
• Knowledge and experience conducting product safety and human factory safety tests (e.g. hi-pot, leakage current, abnormal condition, fault insertion, thermal testing, accessibility, sharpness, stability)
• Experience with the application of U.S. and international product safety standards (e.g. UL, IEC, EN, ANSI, CSA, ISO). Knowledge in the areas of compliance and functional safety will be a plus.
• Experience conducting product risk assessments
• Capable to use quality and reliability tools such as FMEA, Fishbone, FTAs, DOEs and Six-sigma methods to build reliable and safe products.
• Master's or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related fields or equivalent experience
• Experience in data analytics, statistical analysis and reliability analysis such as lifetime analysis, accelerated factor studies, and reliability modeling.
• Familiar with data analysis tools such as JMP, Reliasoft, Matlab, Minitab or Python.
• Experience with failure analysis techniques
• Strong communication skills in writing and presenting
• Able to deep dive into reliability and safety problems and resolve them independently.
• This position will require some travel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top