Senior Systems Engineer- Risk and Vulnerability Management
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers conduct billions of transactions worldwide on AWS services. They harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. AWS hosts an exceptionally wide range of services and enables global commerce and business. These complex services require a system thinking approach to reducing risks to our customers. An unchecked vulnerability can severely impact the security, safety, availability, privacy, and integrity of our products and services. The AWS Security team owns the responsibility to ensure our services and products are available and that the security, safety, availability, privacy, and integrity of our products and services remain active for our customers.
The AWS Risk and Vulnerability mitigation program defines the overall risk posture for AWS, collects, exposes, and manages the data; and helps set reasonable expectations for our senior leadership, to assist them in making proactive decisions about the risks we can and can not accept for our customers.
Complexity in AWS service offerings and interdependencies make understanding and reducing vulnerabilities an ideal system of system engineering challenge. Developing solutions and practices that articulate, and reduce inter-dependencies and security challenges requires innovative thinking. Any weaknesses in code or in the services, once exposed can be exploited. Exploited weaknesses become vulnerabilities when they impact the security, safety, availability, privacy, and integrity of our products and services. These vulnerabilities require on-going visibility, and attention and can be remediated, closed (mitigated) over time, or the risk deemed acceptable. The AWS vulnerability mitigation program will define the overall risk posture of AWS, collect, expose, and manage the data; and help set reasonable expectations for our senior leadership, to assist them in making proactive decisions.
If you are passionate about systems engineering and security and you want to help Amazon lead the way in reducing the risks and vulnerabilities to our customers then come join our team.
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Business, Information Systems Management or related disciplines.
- 5+ years direct demonstrated experience with all phases of the system development lifecycle
- 3+ years demonstrable success in applying the following capabilities in complex environments:
Business Process Improvement / Modeling
Applied Lean Six Sigma experience
- 2+ years business and/or Security Risk and Vulnerability Mitigation approaches
- Extensive, demonstrated experience working on complex, highly dependent IT projects from initial formulation through delivery of capabilities.
- Understanding and experience applying cutting edge leading practices as well as diverse customer specific policies, procedures, IT governance, IT acquisition and investment frameworks.
- Understanding of and experience with developing and deploying solutions utilizing current technology such as Cloud Computing services, mobile computing, etc.
- Experience with large-scale IT modernization project and deployment in cloud solutions - desirably AWS EC2 and S3.
- Ability to synthesize work and articulate assumptions, conclusions, and recommendations in client-ready form, for different audience levels
- Demonstrated experience delivering to cost and schedule
- Strong listening, oral, and written skills
- Strong trust building and communicaitons skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top