Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that
powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We are seeking an
experienced System Validation Engineer to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success
depends on our world-class infrastructure; we're handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent
We are looking for an experienced System Engineer with deep expertise in designing
and supporting enterprise-scale infrastructure. Infrastructure is the hardware, software, and networks
used to develop, test, monitor, control, or support internal engineering teams. You will be responsible
for the design, implementation and quality of services you deliver. The ideal candidate will draw upon
technical background, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills that provides innovative solutions to
support development teams. The candidate should be open to new challenges, extremely good at
multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. Candidates should drive
continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to solve
problems and implement new solutions.
You'll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous
effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and
you'll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have high standards for yourself and
everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance,
quality and cost. We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and
want to reach beyond what is possible today.
• Develop and maintain on-premises infrastructure requirement plans and execution plans working backwards from your customers
• Deliver to your customers the on-premises infrastructure that meets their needs
• Responsible for testing, deployments and measuring infrastructure health
• Support silicon development workflows, including: ATE testers, Emulators and Lab debug equipment
• Define building infrastructure requirements for labs and server rooms. Act as liaison to contractors and vendors for infrastructure.
• Measure your customer's productivity and take responsibility for the quality of your service
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 5+ years of IT, DevOps or infrastructure experience supporting silicon development
• Experience deploying enterprise quality networks and storage
• Data center operations experience including: defining requirements for HVAC, Electical, Mechanical and Security
• Experience writing scripts to automate the management of IT/Infrastructure services
• Experience writing shell scripts
• Experience with Linux administration
• Operations experience that includes supporting a 24/7 customer workloads
• Experience with lab equipment used for hardware development
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.