Senior System Development Engineer (SysDE III)
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Systems Development Engineer for the Internet Automation team in Seattle, Washington. This team works at the Internet edge of the AWS global network, connecting Amazon services to the Internet via external peering and transit connectivity. We are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class Software and Systems Engineers for our Seattle engineering team. The engineers within our team create new systems and tools to optimize and improve Amazon's ability to scale our network at the Internet edge. We automate the establishing and maintenance of relationships with external networks, as well as our interactions with the global Internet ecosystem. We also derive the insights necessary to help set the strategic direction for AWS as to where we should be connected, and to what networks, in order to continually measure and improve the performance of Amazon's edge services.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Our engineers work hand-in-hand with other Software and Systems Development teams, as well as Network Operations, to automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon's next-generation network. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, our engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
• Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required.
• The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
• In depth experience in working with Linux/Unix environments.
• Software development skills are required, specifically in Python & Java
• Knowledge of major Internet routing protocols such BGP and OSPF
• Knowledge of the general Internet peering/transit ecosystem.
• Strong Linux experience from provisioning to performance tuning, and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline. Graduate degree a plus.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top