The Amazon Networking organization is hiring, and we're looking for motivated, best-in-class System Development Engineers (SysDEs) to join our Data Center Network Engineering Systems team. Within Networking, we're confronting and solving complex and high-stakes challenges. Our teams support all aspects of connectivity to/from Amazon and the outside world, as well as the connectivity between Amazon's data centers and services. As a member of one our teams, you will play a part in designing and operating networks that simply cannot fail, must scale infinitely, and can never constrain growth or innovation. If working on the networks that support the world's largest cloud provider and Earth's most customer-centric company interests you, please read on!
For this role, we are seeking System Development Engineers to join our Data Center Network Engineering Systems team. This team is a hybrid team with Network and System Development Engineers working in tandem to build controller-based routing solutions to support the rapidly expanding Data Center Networks. You'll work closely with other teams making up the larger Data Center Network. This is an opportunity to join a team where you can heavily influence the strategic and day to day decisions that shape how the team and our products mature.
System Development Engineers in this team focus on developing scalable and operable system designs that allow us to automatically deploy, configure and operate our in-house built route server solution. Our engineers require a strong coding skillset, detailed knowledge of software development best practice, depth in Linux operating systems and networking.
Candidates should have experience working on and driving large projects with ambitious timelines and ideally using agile methodologies to manage their delivery. We expect engineers to work closely with peer and dependency teams within Networking to deliver the right solutions for our customers. The ability to collaborate and influence are a must. Our Engineers contribute materially to each team's roadmap, and constantly help us to determine what's most important. Together, you and your leadership team will decide on the projects that best support your team's mission.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
The Data Center Network Engineering Core Systems team is hiring, and we're looking for motivated, best-in-class System Development Engineers (SysDEs).
We are builders and we architect, plan, design, develop, deploy and operate the next generation of control plane in the Inter Data Center network. Our mission is to move towards a scenario where software services are key players in networks that simply cannot fail, must scale infinitely and can never constrain growth or innovation. We gather skills and experiences related to systems and networks engineering, software automation and deployment and operational excellence. We apply them to a broad fleet of critical software and hardware components.
This team works in a unique way. We are a hybrid team with Network and System Development Engineers working in tandem to build controller-based routing solutions to support the rapidly expanding Data Center Networks. You'll work closely with other teams making up the larger Data Center Network. This is an opportunity to join a team where you can heavily influence the strategic and day by day decisions that shape the way our team and our products mature.
If working on the core of the networks that support the world's largest cloud provider and Earth's most customer-centric company interests you, join us!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or 8+ years of equivalent work experience
- Track record of designing and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience of automating processes.
- DevOps experience
- Knowledge and experience in all of the following areas: Systems Engineering, Linux Operating Systems, large scale networking environments
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Past industry experience of building highly available systems.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release and change management).
- Experience using AWS products and Cloud based system development.
- Experience writing complex scripts and/or object-oriented code in programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl
- Experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP (confederations and complex route reflector topologies) and OSPF
- Basic Knowledge of networking devices (routers)
- Written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers.