Senior System Dev Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Intelligent Cloud Hosting team is looking for a Senior/Principle System Development Engineer to join our Seattle team. You will join an international team of System Development Engineers to run Amazon's worldwide websites.
As a Senior System Development Engineer you will support the Cloud compute and AWS infrastructure used every day to host all of Amazon's consumer business services. Our orchestration technology enables service owners at Amazon to choose run-times that meet their business needs (EC2, Docker Containers with ECS, Lambda), to choose the AWS infrastructure pieces they need and instantly deploy their innovations while the Intelligent Cloud Hosting team automatically monitors and manages the health of their infrastructure needs. This role is unique to Amazon and offers excellent career opportunities across multiple domains.
You will take an active part in supporting and operating Amazon current and next generation Intelligent Cloud Hosting technologies used to manage our highly distributed infrastructure. Our worldwide fleets serve 10s of billions of customer requests per day through Amazon retail websites, Kindle, Amazon instant video, Amazon subsidiaries and more, giving you a unique scale of impact opportunity for your career.
You will need to demonstrate great passion for customers, agility and adaptability in the face of fast changing business requirements and innovation across the company.
As a successful candidate you will have:
• Experience developing solutions as a full stack dev-ops engineer
• Be equally comfortable coding and operating the code you write
• A proven track record of diagnosing and fixing critical issues in high pressure situations.
• You will demonstrate creativity in identifying, scoping and building innovative tools to solve our unique operations problems.
• You will have a strong understanding of build and deployment pipelines as well as operations monitoring pipelines.
• You will have a strong understanding of cloud architecture scalability challenges.
• BS/MS Computer Science or other technical degree.
• 8+ years of Systems Engineering/SRE experience in a large, distributed environment focusing on automation
• Deep expertise with UNIX-based (including Linux) operating systems
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, and experience in configuration of network architecture using tools such VPC, Subnets, AWS Cloudwatch, CloudFormation etc.
• Programming experience in Python, Rust, LUA, C/C++/Java and Ruby on a Unix/Linux platform
• Technically sound in software development and life cycle.
• Strong understanding of industry technology (analytics, monitoring, code deployment, system scalability, load balancers, web servers
• In depth knowledge & experience of Linux and Apache
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in an international environment
• Experience deploying or managing large scale distributed Linux environments
• Networking (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, Load Balancing).
• Developing and Deploying applications on Docker and/or other container based platforms
• Experience managing container systems with Kubernetes and/or other container control planes
• Comfortable working across multiple teams and organizations
• Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
Back to top